How long does it take to recover from eyelid rejuvenation?
The incisions are well concealed in the skin creases of the upper and lower eyelids, with the sutures being removed about one week after your procedure.
Due to the extreme thinness of your eyelid skin, you can expect bruising and swelling for up to three weeks. You should be able to return to work after seven to 10 days.
What are the potential risks and complications of eyelid rejuvenation surgery?
All modern surgeries are generally safe, but with any surgery, there is a potential risk of complications.
I will discuss the complications and risks which are associated with your surgery in detail, including both general and specific complications associated with eyelid rejuvenation surgery, such as:
- Discomfort and pain
- Swelling and bruising which will occur in and around the eyes
- Noticeable scars on the incisions
- Watering, itchiness and dryness of the eyes
- Eyelids may have asymmetric results which may warrant additional surgery
- You may notice a temporary change in vision
- There is a possibility of exposing the cornea to injury due to the excess removal of skin
- Lower eyelids may droop; this is typically a temporary situation, but on rare occasions additional surgery may be required
Although it is extremely rare, any operation in and around the eye may cause blindness. Following the operation, the nursing staff and myself will examine your eyes and vision and make sure you are not at risk of this. Should there be any concerns, you will be given special medications and immediately taken back to the operating theatre.
How much does blepharoplasty cost?
Costs associated with an eyelid rejuvenation surgery vary between $6000-$12,000 depending on a number of factors:
- Anaesthetist's fee
- Whether you need both upper and lower eyelids operated on at the same time
- Private hospital or day surgical facility fees
- Surgical assistant's fee
- Need for other facial plastic surgical procedures, such as brow lift, facelift, neck lift or rhinoplasty.
After our consultation my staff will give you an itemised account of the total cost.
People say, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. The most liberating thing is realising you are the beholder