People are also watching
Breast Lift Sydney
Breast lift, or mastopexy is a surgical procedure to raise and reshape breasts which sag.
Breasts often begin to sag, not only due to ageing, but more importantly as a result of changes in the volume of the breast caused by pregnancy and subsequent breast feeding. This leads to stretching of the collagen fibres, whose role is to retain the structure and support.
|Also known as:|| |
|Desired Results:||Women in Sydney come in with several reasons for wanting a breast lift and implant. The results are generally similar or for the same kind of reasons.|
Ask Dr Pouria Moradi
Upload a photo for a free initial assessment
What are the potential risks and complications of a breast lift?
Some possible complications and risks specific to breast lift surgery include:
- Surgical risks such as bleeding or infection
- Seroma accumulation under the breast. This fluid may need to be drained under ultrasound guidance.
- Visible and prominent scars including keloid and hypertrophic scars
- Swelling and bruising around the breasts which takes two to three months to settle
- Fat necrosis of the breast. This is a result of poor blood supply to the fat cells. These show themselves as small firm lumps.
- Changes in breast and nipple sensation
- Temporary or permanent areas of numbness around the scars
- Asymmetry of the breasts
- Partial or total loss of nipple and areola
- Need for further surgery to treat complications
- Revisional surgery to correct any unevenness between the two sides
- A blood clot in the legs (DVT), which can move to the lungs and may be life threatening
How much does a breast lift cost?
Breast lift surgery, in some circumstances, can be a reconstructive procedure and may be covered by private health insurance. Review your policy carefully to determine what is covered.
Costs associated with a breast lift vary between $16,000-18,000 depending on a number of factors including:
- Anaesthetist's fees
- Type of implant used, if any
- Private hospital or day surgical facility fees
- Need for post-operative garments
- Surgical assistant's fee
After our consultation, my staff will give you an itemised account of the total cost.
The best surgical outcome is contingent on a patient's body shape and type
Dr Pouria Moradi