What are the potential risks and complications of a thigh lift?
Although surgery is generally safe, there are potential complications and risks associated with any surgery. I will discuss these general risks with you, and provide detailed information about the complications and risks associated with a thigh lift including:
- Temporary numbness around the incision sites, which gradually improves with time
- There may be distortion of the appearance and contour of the genitalia, especially in women
- Movement may be restricted to the tightened skin of the thigh
- Skin may not heal and a skin graft may be required
- Patients who have large amounts of skin removed may require a blood transfusion
- Fluid (seroma) may accumulate under the skin of the incision site which may require a draining procedure
Hypertrophic and keloids scars may form. These are scars which are prominent and visible, and may be itchy, unsightly and annoying. However, they do not pose a threat to your health.
How much does a thigh lift cost?
Costs associated with a thigh lift vary between $12,000-$17,000 depending on a number of factors:
- Anaesthetist's fee
- Private hospital or day surgical facility fees
- Need for post-operative garments
- Length of hospital stay
- Whether you need other body contouring procedures such as liposuction, arm lift or tummy tuck
- Surgical assistant's fee
After our consultation, my staff will give you an itemised account of the total cost.
Body contouring involves a bit of everything. Generally, the bits that people want treated, in order, are: tummy, breasts, arms, legs
Dr Pouria Moradi