Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure aimed at reducing the size and shape of the labia minora.
Combined 360 tummy tuck and 360 liposuction with breast lift
Whilst labiaplasty may have received some negative press in the past, there are actually a range of reasons beyond aesthetics which can be addressed through this procedure. Some women are born with a prominent labia minora, which can be quite painful, or embarrassing. For other women, pregnancy and labour can cause permanent changes to the size, shape and tone of their labia, which can result in functional or aesthetic concerns for some women. Regardless of your reasons for seeking this treatment, the results can be life-changing.
|Also known as:|| |
|Desired Results:||Some women in Sydney are born with a prominent labia minora while others go through labour which can cause permanent changes to the size, shape and tone of their labia. Regardless of your reasons for seeking this treatment, the results can be life-changing.|
What labiaplasty technique is used?
A labiaplasty is a safe and routine procedure. The extent and design of the tissue excision is highly variable and needs to be individualised for every woman. However, common to all techniques is that there are no external scars, with all incisions being well concealed.
How long does it take to recover from labiaplasty?
The procedure is performed as a day case under general anaesthesia. As a result of the rich nerve and blood supply, the wounds heal quickly in their newly recreated form. It is usually two weeks before you can return to physical activity and six weeks before you feel fully recovered. After the procedure, sensation and function return to normal (sometimes even enhanced).
Upload a photo for a free initial assessment
What are the potential risks and complications of labiaplasty?
Before your operation I will talk with you about the possible risks and complications. Although labiaplasty surgery, like all modern surgery, is generally safe, there is a potential for complications and the risks include:
- Immediately following your surgery, you may experience short-term nausea and vomiting due to the anaesthesia and a sore throat as a result of the breathing tube
- Bleeding from the incision site
- Infection that may require antibiotic treatment or in rare cases, additional surgery
- Temporary numbness around the incision sites
- Asymmetry of the labia minora, that may require revisional surgery
- A blood clot may form beneath the site of the incision and drainage may be required
- Swelling, pain and bruising around the incision site
- Smokers or diabetics may experience slow healing
You may develop keloid or hypertrophic scars which are raised and thickened scars. This type of scarring may be unsightly, annoying and itchy; however, they are not threatening to your health and rare if you have no family history of the condition. Fortunately, scars around the labial region rarely form keloid or hypertrophic scars.
How much does labiaplasty cost?
Costs associated with a labiaplasty vary depending on a number of factors such as:
- Anaesthetist's fee
- Private hospital or day surgical facility fees
- Surgical assistant's fee
- Whether you need other body contouring procedures such as an arm lift, liposuction, thigh liftand tummy tuck.
Beauty is being comfortable in your own skin