People are also watching
Committed to the public health system
I am a visiting medical officer and clinical lecturer at Prince of Wales, Royal Women's and Sydney Children's Hospitals in Sydney.
As an integral member of the cancer multidisciplinary teams, my primary focus is on a microsurgical reconstruction of the breast, head and neck, and lower limb.
My commitment to the public health system also includes mentoring future plastic surgeons in both reconstructive and cosmetic plastic surgery, with 12 plastic surgical trainees rotating through my departments per year.
Alongside these clinical foci, I have a passion for improvement science and clinical leadership. In 2012, I was selected for the Clinical Excellence Commission's (CEC) clinical leadership program.
I presented my paper to the CEC and the Health Minister in March 2013. My clinical leadership goal is to implement at least one significant health care improvement initiative in each public hospital per year.
My current leadership and academic roles include:
NSW State Chairperson of Training
Board Member ASPS National Training Board
Member of the PRS curriculum taskforce which is responsible for creating an entirely new competency-based training program for plastic surgical trainees in Australia and New Zealand
NSW RACS subcommittee Council Member
Microsurgical Fellowship: Charing Cross Hospital, London
- 90 free tissue transfer reconstructions
- 54 breast reconstruction cases
- 24 head and neck reconstruction cases
- 12 lower limb microsurgical reconstruction cases
- 20 pedicled flap reconstructions of the lower limb, sternum, breast and perineal regions
Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship: Akademikliniken, Stockholm
- 114 aesthetic facial plastic surgical procedures
- 123 aesthetic breast procedures
- 73 general aesthetic plastic surgical procedures