Really quick one today.
I would recommend seeing or at least contacting a handful of surgeons before making a decision on who you are going to trust with your cosmetic procedure.
I would if I was you.
When it comes to your body, you should not settle for second best.
To help you in your decision making process I have put together a list of questions and background checks you should carry out prior to committing to anything, even a consultation:
- Check if your surgeon is a registered specialist plastic surgeon with AHPRA and not just a GP or a general surgeon doing cosmetic procedures.
- Check your surgeons credentials on http://www.ahpra.gov.au/
Registration/Registers-of- Practitioners.aspx: this site will let you know your doctors real qualifications.
- Check if your surgeon is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) (plast) not just a general surgeon but a plastic surgeon.
- Check if your surgeon is a member of Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Check if your surgeon operates only in accredited facilities with real specialist anaesthetists.
- Check if your surgeon works as a specialist at major teaching hospitals: mentoring future plastic surgeons and involved in regular clinical audits.
- Check if your surgeon participates in the Australian Breast Implant Registry.
- Check if your surgeon uses only the world’s best-quality breast implants.
Print this page out and keep it as a reference for future consultations if you are seriously considering a cosmetic surgery procedure.
I am pretty sure you will be surprised by the some of the answers! It goes without saying that I tick all of the above boxes!
Give me a call on 02 8488 8675 if you would like a chat.